Let’s start with this very simple but important truth when it comes to the Texas criminal justice system —just because you are being charged with a crime (minor or major) does not mean you will be convicted of it. While the police and prosecution in your case may make you feel like you have no option but to accept the charges against you, that simply is not the truth.
There is no area of law that intimidates clients more than the potential for a criminal conviction. And rightfully so — the fines, penalties, and stigma attached to a Texas criminal conviction are very serious and should be avoided at all costs. At JWC Legal, PLLC, we are here to help. Our criminal defense practice always puts the client first — from your initial free phone consultation designed to ensure our firm is a good fit for you to our willingness to assist you in finding the proper classes to fulfill a probation or deferred adjudication requirement, you are always our first priority!
Some areas of criminal defense JWC Legal can help you with include:
- Expunctions/Non-Disclosures: Is a criminal charge or conviction on your record causing problems in your life today? You are not alone in wanting to get this record blemish removed or sealed. Contact us to learn if you qualify for a record removal or to have a record sealed.
- DUI/DWI: A DUI or DWI can have a major financial and professional impact on your life if you are convicted. In addition to heavy fines, potential jail time and probation, this type of criminal violation is a very popular question on housing and employment applications. There are viable defenses to a DUI/DWI charge, and fighting these charges is always in your best interest. Acting quickly is critical in a DUI/DWI because there are time constraints when requesting information. For example, if there is an alternative video of you (from a convenience store or a parking lot) sleeping and not driving your vehicle (a common defense) but you wait months before seeking legal help, there is a serious chance that any alternative video to be found is gone — destroyed. Don't wait. Act.
- Drug Crimes: Texas police are always on the lookout for any type of illegal drug activity, big or small. And the punishments attached to a drug crime are stiff, so be sure to obtain proper representation and fight the charges against you if this is the situation you find yourself in.
- Theft Charges: The severity of penalties attached to a Texas theft charge depends on the nature and amount of the theft, as well as your past criminal record. Big or small, this is not a conviction you want on your record, especially when seeking employment or qualifying to live in an apartment complex.
- Misdemeanors: Even a misdemeanor can have devastating consequences if convicted. A conviction is a conviction, and it becomes a public record.
- Felony Charges: Fighting a felony charge can help reduce or even dismiss the charges against you, but time is of the essence. Do not delay in calling our firm to begin working on your defense.
We take all criminal charges seriously and will work hard to get you favorable results, but you need to take action and act immediately.
As with any legal issue, the sooner you act, the better, so don’t hesitate to give us a call today at (469) 215-7209. We look forward to hearing from you!